SC - RE: Feast Report -- Son of Feast

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Nov 21 06:14:59 PST 2000

- --------------4EE88C2BF167A6956CBFC831

I can also highly recommend The Art of Cookery in the Middle Ages by Terence
Scully.  He has a marvelous discussion of humoral theory...very thorough and, given
Scully's credentials and the bibliography of the book, very accurate.  You might
also take a look at his Neapolitan Recipe Collection.

Kiri

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Rose said:
> > My first impulse is to work from Platina, since I think he's got the most
> > information on what dishes are best suited to what temperaments.  If anybody
> > can recommend other works on humoral (am I spelling that right?) theory, I'd
> > love to know.  I'd like to get as much of this planned out ahead of time as
> > I can.  If I do go with Platina, then the next thing I want to find is a
> > service manual that's roughly contemporary.
>
> We have had a few discussions on this list about humoral theory. They've
> generally been rather limited, probably because this is a topic that is
> not that familar to many modern folks. However, perhaps some of the comments
> and referances in this file in the FOOD section of my files might be of
> interest:
> humorl-theory-msg (22K)  9/ 9/99    Concepts of medieval Humoral Theory.
>
> If you are thinking of using Platina, perhaps these files in the FOOD-BOOKS
> section might be of use:
> cb-rv-Platina-msg (16K)  4/11/00    Reviews of cookbooks having Platina recipes.
> Platina-bib        (7K) 11/ 7/00    A bibliography on Bartolomeo Platina
> by
>                                        Thomas Gloning.
> --
> THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
> Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net

- --------------4EE88C2BF167A6956CBFC831

I can also highly recommend <i>The Art of Cookery in the Middle Ages</i>
by Terence Scully.  He has a marvelous discussion of humoral theory...very
thorough and, given Scully's credentials and the bibliography of the book,
very accurate.  You might also take a look at his <i>Neapolitan Recipe
the most
If anybody
theory, I'd
of time as