SC - feast done

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 21 06:23:24 PST 2000

- --=====================_61266988==_.ALT

>Your verjuice creation sounds like it would be useful, albeit NP, in the
>situation it was./ However, I have a nagging question.....why use the Welsh's
>Grape Juice? It is made from Labrusco grapes which are not only new world but
>have a decidedly 'foxy' flavor that is not evident in non-hybridized Old
>World Vinifera grapes.
>
>This is in no way meant as a criticism. I am just  a curious cook....:-)
>
>Ras

Mostly just mechanics (not sure the right word)  I still am not always
thinking in a what is period and what isn't, when it comes to details like
which grapes, which carrots.  It is grape juice and is available.  I didn't
think grape juice already reconstituted in the 1/2 gallons would be as
useful as frozen grape juice where I could control water content.  It also
was fairly inexpensive.(ie.  they were on sale this week)

         Angeline

- --=====================_61266988==_.ALT

Your verjuice creation sounds like it would be useful, albeit NP, in the
situation it was./ However, I have a nagging question.....why use the
Welsh's <br>
Grape Juice? It is made from Labrusco grapes which are not only new world
but <br>
have a decidedly 'foxy' flavor that is not evident in non-hybridized Old
World Vinifera grapes. <br>
This is in no way meant as a criticism. I am just  a curious
cook....:-) <br>
Mostly just mechanics (not sure the right word)  I still am not
always thinking in a what is period and what isn't, when it comes to
details like which grapes, which carrots.  It is grape juice and is
available.  I didn't think grape juice already reconstituted in the
1/2 gallons would be as useful as frozen grape juice where I could
control water content.  It also was fairly inexpensive.(ie.
they were on sale this week)  <br>
<x-tab>        </x-tab>Angeline<br>