SC - Lefse etc.

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 21 09:41:55 PST 2000

> /UlfR wrote:

> Assuming she is meaning "Viking age" when she writes "Scandinavian".
> There are some late period manuscripts, IIRC.
>
> For the viking age there is only a few recipies that has been more or
> less worked out from archaeological evidence (a bread and a porridge
> that I know of).

Never assume anything, I was looking for references from throughout SCA period,
pre-1600, rather than limiting the search to Viking Age alone.  Thora's viking
food page is good, and may give me an excuse for the flatbread, especially the
round ones with the hole in it.

Will check out the Flori-thingie, which I already knew about of course;  I was
asking the rest of you for any other specific leads, maybe modern cooking sites
with strong archeological support maybe.

Selene