SC - OT knee surgery (Olwen chimes in)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:03:42 PST 2000

I also have had othoscopic knee surgery.  For me, I left it way too long and
the bone started crumbling and grinding up with the torn miniscus and
tissues.  When I finally couldn't stand the pain any more I went in.  The
doc had to scrape and sand down the joint bones to smooth them and removed
the torn parts.  Told me to sit down for a week and not go to work (I worked
in the Physical Education Department at the local Collage).  Now, it has
taken my hard head lots of no-no's to learn to do what the doc says, so I
made my plan to keep to his rules.  Being alone at the time (everyone was
gone to grandmas) I set up my "nest" in the front room the day before
surgery.  I had books and basketmaking supplies, the remote and a cooler
with drinks and snacks for a few days.  I just lived there for the first
three days.  Although the bone still ached for a long time from the
scraping, a week later, I was jumping around again.  YEAH DOC!

Olwen, who is sorry it wasn't that quick with her ankle. 15 months! Humph