SC - OT: Black Turkey

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Nov 22 14:05:28 PST 2000

OK, looks like an interesting recipe, although I agree, I wouldnt go to the
effort of getting a special turkey...unless I were to get a brace of
turkeys this spring to raise, and then I wold have rob knack it to
specifications.

I think I would also make do with 1 big bowl, by mixing everything but the
meat and fat in a bowl and then mixing the rest in, less stuff to wash, and
I tend to have other things in the large mixing bowls like garlic smashed
potatos, frittered yams, and th like.

I do like the sounds of the baste and paste they use, though I typically
use the giblets in the stuffing, I could see using tehm in the basting liquid.

We will have to try this, perhaps for christmas as I have everythign for
our normal turkey ready and dont want to expend the money to switch in
midstream.
  let me know how it comes out!
margali
- --