SC - portion control and planning

Hank steinfeld at tqci.net
Wed Nov 22 17:13:30 PST 2000

I apologize for jumping into this one late, but what caught my notice was
the mention of excess and throw outs.  I must say that I abhor waste and
have gone to extreme to get full use.  This has meant that our group has
formed an association with a local food kitchen, and in those instances
where there has been excess (not left overs) we have gladly donated this to
the kitchen and they have been most appreciative.  Without doubt this has
provided us an opportunity to maintain a very positive relationship within
our community and has prevented food from going to waste.  I was able to
convince them theat our cooks were well versed in proper food preservation,
that proper methods were followed in the preparation and finally that the
food was not left overs but rather excess.  Since we tend to cook mostly
fresh, they really appreciated having this over canned.

A thought for those looking for a way to do a good deed and still not worry
too much about excess food.

Yours in Service
Muirghen