what we had for T-day, was Re: SC - Deep-fried Turkey? OOP

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Nov 27 08:45:35 PST 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie

ours is always a rather ordinary thanksgiving. me making the stuffing from
scratch (as opposed to stovetop box stuffing) is considered heresy
enough....*sigh*....

but I did sneak in some unique twists....

1. the turkey was stuffed with cornbread stuffing, but I added diced dried
apricots and fresh granny smith apples
2. the mashed potatoes contained large amounts of toasted garlic
3. the cranberry relish (made, not canned) contained candied ginger bits
and mandarin orange bits as well as a good dollop of orange zest and orange
juice.
4. the asparagus was steamed and served with sauce robert (the 17th century
french version). even the model skinny girl cousin was slurping it up on
her bread :)
5. the pecan pie was a chocoloate pecan pie, and the pumkin pie somehow
ended up with candied ginger in it. oh darn :)

the frozen brussell sprouts and sandwich rolls cut in half for bread I dont
take credit for, as those were brought by my mother....(double *sigh*)....

still, no one was strangled and with the exception of the garbage disposal
exploding half way through making the potatos (ack) it was overall
uneventful :).

hope everyone else had a nice holiday too!

- --AM, who would love to do a ham some year for a change but the parental
pouting would be something ferocious...