SC - smoking-OOP-OT

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Nov 27 11:58:49 PST 2000

> > This is flat out unreasonable. You are comparing the
> > atmospheric
> > contamination caused by SMOKE to that caused by the
> > wearing of _ANY_
> > perfume.
> Once again, we see that something is "unreasonable"
> when it pertains to a prohibition against something
> the speaker favors, but perfectly reasonable when it
> is against something they dislike...

Yup, I'm in favor of comparing apples to oranges all right, and I dislike
people who make illogical comparisons.

Oh, wait, you think I dislike smoking, so you are claiming that my
disagreement about the nature of the arugument and the degree of
contaimination is bullpuckey because I don't like smoking.

Nope. I have witnesses to the fact that I'm a dedicated secondhand smoker.
I have been known to go out of my way to hang out with smokers when I'm
under stress-- because it doesn't bother me at all, unless the smoke is
thick enough that you can't see through it. ;)

Oh, and I hate many commercial perfumes too. ;)

Find me a chemist who will say that there is as much junk put inot the air
by standing next to someone who put on perfume two hours ago as by
standing next to a burning cigarette, and you have a leg to stand on.
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker