SC - Deep-fried Turkey? OOP

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Nov 27 11:37:11 PST 2000

Two thoughts:

1)  Another mixture to try injecting is a mixture of maple syrup, bourbon and
butter.  We've used this to smoke turkeys and the result is absolutely heavenly.
So I suspect it would be equally wonderful with a fried turkey.
2)  Instead of trying to use stuffing, why not do it southern style...my mother
never made stuffing.  Instead, she used broth from boiling the giblets, drippings
from the bird (which of course you wouldn't have here), and/or ready-made chicken
broth to make cornbread dressing (cornbread, stale white bread, celery, onions,
eggs and broth), which was then baked in a pan in the oven with a pan of water on
the shelf below.  It's really wonderful...

Kiri