SC - OOP Re: what we had for T-day

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Nov 27 22:57:41 PST 2000

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain gave us the menu of her Thanksgiving dinner:
> Polenta with goat cheese, red peppers, roasted garlic, and sage

Ooh. This sounds good. Might even get me to try polenta. Can you get
the recipe and post it?

> Roasted root veggies -- beets, turnips, carrots, potatoes, with
> onions caramelized in duck fat

The onions caramelized in duck fat sounds wonderful. How far should
they be caramelized? If you cook them too long you risk burning them,
right?

I bought a frozen duck at the store when I saw them just before
Thanksgiving. I want to try the Welsh salt duck given in the Welsh
cookbook described here previously. And I plan to save the fat. This
time I *will* remember to put it in the freezer before it goes bad.

The store also had frozen geese. But at $2.99 per pound, I wasn't sure
I wanted one that bad, although I've never had one before. There was
still at least one there tonight. Maybe after all the leftovers are
gone... I wonder if I can get the store to order me one later?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net