SC - smok vs farts

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 12:26:00 PST 2000

- --- Nisha Martin <nishamartin at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I try to be very polite about it, as I realize it
> is
> anyone's right who wants to do it, to smoke the
> nasty
> things, but it's also might right not to have to
> deal
> with a trip to the emergency room for the problems
> that being in a smoke filled environment can cause
> me.

Gunthar... I'm trying really hard to keep this
food-related, but come on...

How did some of these people survive to adulthood in
the days before the public-smoking ban??  I mean, just
a few years ago, it was legal to smoke almost
anywhere!  If these allergies were so serious, how did
these folks ever survive?  Can't go to the
supermarket...you could smoke in there.  Can't go to a
restaurant...you could smoke in there.  Certainly
can't go to a bar...

So, in an effort to keep it food related, I'll proffer
this question:  Prior to the relatively recent ban on
smoking in restaurants and bars, what did people with
"instant and deadly" allergies to cigarette smoke do?
Did they live a life confined to a plastic bubble, or
were there secret "allergy free" enclaves where they
could dine and be entertained?

Balthazar of Blackmoor