SC - Haggis on TV

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Nov 29 03:13:11 PST 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> However, I think the only documentably period recipes are the
> ones for the fruit haggis.
> haggis-msg        (79K) 10/ 6/99    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.

That's odd.  I was under the impression that the original version of haggis was the
one with sheep innards and oats....hmmmmmmm

> "Christmas haggis"??? I keep thinking of this blob of sausage covered in
> red and green splotches. :-(

No, silly.  A Christmas haggis must be the fruit haggis you reference above...it
sounds like it comes out vaguely resembling a steamed pudding made of various kinds of
fruit and nuts.  It really sounds good, and I may try to make it one of these years!

Kiri