SC - Re: Turkey

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 30 08:41:54 PST 2000

> ANy
> suggestions for a really good way that wouldn't be too
> far from traditional so most people would like it?
>  I have an injector for marinades, SO I can use that
> to help give it some flavor. But I am looking for
> suggestions. My family and I tend to eat spicier tahn
> alot of people.

I found an injector marinade of roasted garlic and butter
that was very good and added wonderful juicyness and
flavor to the turkey but wasn't spicy or overpowering.

> This is the first time I've cooked for
> this group, so I'm looking for something that will go
> over well. But I appreciate any suggestions.

My new method of perfect roasting is to put some salt,
pepper, and garlic under the skin, baste the top with
melted butter and put celery, onion, granny smith apple
and salt & pepper in the cavity. Then roast the bird at
400 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered. After 30 minutes
place a triangle of aluminum foil over the body and lower
heat to 350. Roast until a meat thermometer placed in the
breast reads 185 degrees. Let sit for around 10 minutes
after roasting before carving.

Another hint. For better carving I've found that removing
the breast intact and then carving seperately makes for
much prettier slices and easier carving.

> Thanks,
> Nisha

Yers,

Gunthar