SC - English bottled sauces

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 30 10:08:31 PST 2000

> HP (Houses of Parliament) sauce is different. It's also brown but it's
> thick and sweet and only a bit hot. It's severely frowned on by foodies.

Sounds kind of like A1 sauce here in the States. I tasted a period raisin sauce

one time and it was a lot like A1. I checked a bottle of A1 and, sure enough,
raisins were one of the ingredients.

There is a British food import store here in Dallas. Maybe I'll swing by there
and see if they stock Lea & Perrins and HP there.

> There's a nice story of an Indian Army Colonel who was so used to hot
> flavours that he could only taste his brandy if he added Lea and Perrins
> to it!

Eeeeww.

> Tony Davie

Gunthar