SC - The event in feb, and a cabbage recipe

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 19:05:44 PST 2000

I planned to include Caboges in Potage from Forme of
Cury in the Boar
Hunt Feast, but it just isn't exciting me. I have a
"recipe" with no
source from a previous Boar Hunt [red cabbage, garlic,
vinegar,
honey, ginger, pepper]. But i'm trying very hard to
make authentic
recipes, although they are coming from several
centuries.

I made cabbage and apples die dinner tonight.I'm not
sure how period it is, but if you are interested,I can
give ya the recipe. It's kind of a sweetish dish, so I
dont know if that's what you're looking for.

At 09:20 AM 11/30/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Our small canton has decided that it wants a camping
and
>fighting event, and here in Texas, that usually means
Not In The
>Summer!  So we are having "Border Wars" the first
weekend of
>February, and I have been asked to cook.
>Tyrca

This event is far enough
after Christmas and me having my baby that we might be
able to attend.  Can you give me details
about
the event too.?  Costs? I need location specifics too,
since i'm fairly new to the area. I'm not sure how
much help I can be in the kitchen with a two year old
and by then a two month old, but my husband could be
talked into minding the kids while I helped at least
some. Iv'e done camp kitchens for about 50-70 people
before, and cooked for large groups , so I'm not a
total novice, except to the period aspect of it. Not
that all camp kitchens are or have to be period.
Nisha