SC - Hot sauces was Bubble and Squeak(OOP) Was Boxing Day Recipes?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Nov 30 23:35:21 PST 2000

Gunthar answered Bonne with:
> > Though there is no point buying any but Tabasco of that particular style.
> >
> > Bonne
>
> Have you tried Cholula? I never really liked Tabasco all that much. Too
> much like just a harsh vinegar. I enjoyed Louisana brand Hot Sauce because
> it was still warm but mellower. Then I discovered the joy of Cholula.
> The main difference is that they roast the peppers and you can really tell
> the difference. It's a deep complex flavor that has a decent burn and doesn't
> overpower the food.

I have to second this. I find Cholula (this is the one that has the spherical
wooden stopper on it, instead of just the plastic one? and is a brighter,
orangish color?) has more taste than Tabasco sauce. Both are only moderately
hot to me. I don't tend to like the ones that are just hot, the ones out
of concentrated habanero juice (really!!) and such. Our company cafeteria
has both Tabasco and Cholula and I've come to prefer the latter. That catsup
for my tator-tots is just too bland without something to spice it up.

> I've been known to have just buttered toast with Cholula and a glass of
> milk.

Yikes. That milk and the butter should cool things down some.

> Gunthar

Stefan
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net