SC - RE: Iron Chef Competition - long

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Nov 2 08:54:26 PST 2000

> Not that I know of. That's the rub. My post was meant to convey a disdain at
> surrounding ourselves with the familiar (e.g., modern) at events. I really
> see no need for such as approach. The Siege cooking contests which were for a
> brief time popular would be far more acceptable as a competition at events
> than the populist iron chef absurdities. What is next? Perhaps a housewifery
> competition based on Martha Stewart? :-)

I don;'t understand the distinction. There is nothing in period that at
all resembles the 'Siege Cooking Compeitions'. However, if I'm remembering
right, the Iron Chef competitions might more resemble period challenges
than the usual A&S.
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker