SC - RE: Iron Chef Competition - long

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 15:43:17 PST 2000

- --part1_e6.cf658da.27335615_boundary

In a message dated 11/2/00 11:54:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jenne at mail.browser.net writes:

> However, if I'm remembering
> right, the Iron Chef competitions might more resemble period challenges
> than the usual A&S.

Could  you expand your thoughts here? I am open to mind changing
occasionally. :-)

As to my thoughts, castles were laid siege to. Cooks had to do with what they
had to feed the besieged. Therefore, the idea of siege contests seem to me to
be more solidly based on period practices (e.g., cooking a meal with limited
access to ingredients than gathering cooks together to see who could outcook
the other with judgments rendered by persons who have no idea what they are
judging.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_e6.cf658da.27335615_boundary