SC - Fw: [TY] Halloween Parade

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Nov 2 19:06:38 PST 2000

Daniel Phelps wrote:

> Was asked:
>
> >Did any of you catch the "Medieval Guys" who were briefly interviewed
> >during
> >New York's Halloween Parade that was on the Sci-Fi channel this evening?
> >If
> >they were not SCA, I don't know who they could have been affiliated with.
>
> Didn't see it but they might have been from the Kingdom of Acre.  It is or
> was last I heard a non SCA kingdom in that region of the country.  Met some
> of them at Pennsic a few years back nice folks.  Otherwise they could have
> been Audrian Empire but I doubt it.

Or, it's always possible they were simply some guys in costume wearing
red belts. Somebody asked about this on the East Kingdom list, and
nobody seems to know who they were (I didn't see any footage of the
parade, and nowadays the Hallowe'en party at the American Museum of
Natural History is more my speed, as far as actual attendance goes).

Anyway, if they were SCAdians, it seems likely that somebody in the
Crown Province of Østgardr would know about it, and nobody seems to.
Maybe they were guys dressed as SCAdian fighters, but not actually
SCAdian fighters...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy