SC - must

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Wed Nov 1 22:26:36 PST 2000

Angeline said:
> I have been working up a menu for a feast using Milham's platina and some
> of the recipes have something called must.  I keep thinking I should know
> what this is because it sounds familiar but I can't place it.  I poked
> around on the florilegium a little bit but couldn't find it.
>
> Does anyone know what this is and if appropriate what a modern equivalent is?

Actually there is some information in the Florilegium on "must". Probably
the most useful to you will be the info in this file in the FOOD-CONDIMENTS:
mustard-msg       (83K)  7/11/00    Mustard seed in period. sauces. recipes.

And there is some in this file in the BEVERAGES section:
wine-msg         (120K)  7/ 6/00    Medieval wines.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net