SC - Children's homework weirdness

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Thu Nov 9 20:49:25 PST 2000

- --part1_f5.461e657.273cd855_boundary

In a message dated 11/9/00 5:32:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
margali at 99main.com writes:

> <<I always consider most of what I read about the pilgims in school texts
> to be a lot of hooey. IIRC, in the mid 80s a great scandal was caused by
> Yankee magazine printing a transcript of a diary written by one of our
> pigrim founders, >>
>
> I think we need to keep in mind that the Puritans only made up about 40% of
> the passengers on the Mayflower.  The rest were craftsmen, seekers of
> fortune and other persons seeking a life in the "new world".  I'm sure that
> they had their own ideas of what was "needed" in a colony.

- --part1_f5.461e657.273cd855_boundary

<HTML><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/9/00 5:32:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, <BR>margali at 99main.com writes:
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><<I always consider most of what I read about the pilgims in school texts
<BR>to be a lot of hooey. IIRC, in the mid 80s a great scandal was caused by
<BR>Yankee magazine printing a transcript of a diary written by one of our
<BR>pigrim founders, >>
<BR>
<BR>I think we need to keep in mind that the Puritans only made up about 40% of <BR>the passengers on the Mayflower.  The rest were craftsmen, seekers of <BR>fortune and other persons seeking a life in the "new world".  I'm sure that <BR>they had their own ideas of what was "needed" in a colony.
<BR>
<BR>Etain </BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>

- --part1_f5.461e657.273cd855_boundary--