SC - passing along recipes

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 07:13:45 PST 2000

Hi all.  I have a question here.  I just got my hand slapped for answering a
question wrongly.  Here is the situation;  A lot of folks in my Barony asked
for a copy of the recipe I use for Chinese Ribs (not period obviously).  I
posted it to our list.  Our chronicler asked me if she could put it in our
newsletter.  I said sure and offered up that if there were interest, I (and
others) could pass along one or two 'period' recipes for the newsletter.
Then I got "slapped".  There were folks who started yelling about copyright
laws.  Well, I suppose there may be some validaty to that, but where is the
line?  For instance, if I wanted to pass along say "hen in broth" from 1000
eggs, apparently ~ I can't!  There must be a line out there or me thinks we
would most be in jail for even publishing the feast menus with recipes.  I
mean, it's not like the Yeoman is a national publication.  I doubt if it
even has a subscription of 100.

Well.  Any feedback would be nice.  Just please try not to yell..I'm
sensitive, not stupid.

Olwen the confused