SC - manual ? #4, #5

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Sat Nov 11 15:18:54 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 11 Nov 00, , that Serian wrote:

> I'm working on manual #4 & #5 and would like some input
> please.

>  and 1/4 of "borras" which the only definition I found is
> thick wool, and I'm wondering if it's borax???

One of my dictionaries gives that as a definition.

> And put in each little container a drop of "ros de bota"
> which all I got had to do with helmets and boots and didn't
> make sense.  Any guesses?

"Bota" can also mean a wineskin.  Possibly some kind of rose
essence oil?  If it makes you feel any better, I have the print version
of the Manual, and the editor's footnote says that she doesn't know
what it is, either.

> #5 Soap for the hands
> 1 oz pumpkin seeds, 1 oz melon (couldn't find "mondada" -
> probably a botanical term)

It means "peeled".

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)