SC - Lemonade in Sent Sovi??

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Sun Nov 12 20:57:26 PST 2000

Howdy from Eden,
While doing some web surfing I came across the following webpage which
claims all it's recipes are from Sent Sovi (14th c. Catalan cookbook)
http://www.sofisstitches.com/recipies.htm

given her interpretation of Pomada as an apple drink I find the following
highly suspect, (in fact I assume that it's a lemon sauce for chicken as in
Limonaia from the Italian corpus) but if someone else who actually has sent
sovi (and can read the spanish) can provide any info either way I'd be very
interested.

Eden

Limonada
Lemonade

Ingredients:
100 gr. crushed almonds
125 gr. plump raisins
60 gr. sugar
4 lemons
ginger shavings

Scald the almonds and peel, chop up in the mortar and in the pot. Beat very
good the raisins in the mortar. Combine both into the pot with water and let
stand and soak for 12 hours and let pass continually through a sieve. Remove
the pulp with the almonds and in the pot cook the sugar and ginger and
stirring every minute with a spoon. After 20 minutes of cooking, squeeze the
juice of the lemons; boild five minutes more. Serve with a little powdered
sugar on top.

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com