SC - Sauces

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Nov 13 20:14:14 PST 2000

Anahita al-shazhiyya asked:
> Any other sauces that anyone would recommend with pork? We'll be
> roasting it with garlic and not much else - it was scrumptious last
> year under a different Kitchen Steward, who's now out of the country.

Have you taken a look at this file in the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section of the
Florilegium:
sauces-msg        (89K)  7/26/00    Period sauces. Sauce recipes.

There are a large number of period sauces in this file, along with
various comments from the original posters and folks replying to them.

I would also think that some mustard sauces would be good on your
roasted pork. Along that line there are also these two files in that
section:
Mustard-art        (5K)  9/14/00    "Mustard" by Ld. Daneil le Vascon du Navarre
mustard-msg       (83K)  7/11/00    Mustard seed in period. sauces. recipes.
- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net