SC - Haggis shop???

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Nov 13 23:16:17 PST 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> There is a Haggis Shop??? Does this place actually sell haggis?

That reminds me of a rather cute commercial that has been airing here in
Oregon for awhile- for the 'Dex' phone directory. Shows two little old
ladies in pearls drinking their tea and one of them says "Ooh, I'm so
homesick! I wish I had soome haggis!" and her friend says "ooh, but you
canna get good haggis here" and the first says "all nice and scrummy,
with leetle sheep bits!" to which her friend says "Ooh stop! You're
torturing me!", and of course they go for the phone directory to find
the Haggis Shop... and on their way out of the haggis shop, one says to
the other "and now only if we had a wee bit o'lovely rain..."

It was friggin' cold here today. I was reduced to drinking eggnog,
zapped in the microwave, with a shot of sherry in it...

'Lainie