SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Tue Nov 14 07:03:49 PST 2000

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C04E4C.18260600

I tend to go with the Oriental Institute's endorsement.  As a leading
Egyptological organization, the Institute may hire psycho-ceramics, but they
are usually very competent and professional.  While Lehner is something of a
showman, the little I have seen of his work appears to be meticulous and
well within accepted practice.  His affiliation with the Cayce Foundation
was in the 70's.  About 1988 he became involved with the Giza Mapping
Project and has been working with the Egyptian government and a number of
professional organization to locate, excavate and record every site on the
Giza Plateau before it is lost to pollution, erosion and people.

Bear

TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

Mark Lehner of the Oriental Studies
Institute at the University of Chicago who excavated the bakery at Giza.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Are you aware that he also is into (or was into)
Edgar Casey? I would take his work with a grain of salt from what I have
read
and heard of his work.

Before someone is 'offended' by my 'free' speech, I have nothing against
Edgar Casey adherents but since Casey's work is not scientifically
verifiable, I would question the use of a person who is supporting such a
claim (or did) who suddenly becomes an expert as an 'acceptably' legitimate
researcher.

I am not questioning your source but would like to be reassured of his
complete divorce from the fringe sciences. Thanks in advance for your
response.

Ras

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C04E4C.18260600

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=707332014-14112000>I tend
to go with the Oriental Institute's endorsement.  As a leading
Egyptological organization, the Institute may hire psycho-ceramics, but they are
usually very competent and professional.   While Lehner is something of a
showman, the little I have seen of his work appears to be meticulous and well
within accepted practice.  His affiliation with the Cayce Foundation was in
the 70's.  About 1988 he became involved with the Giza Mapping Project and
has been working with the Egyptian government and a number of professional
organization to locate, excavate and record every site on the Giza Plateau
before it is lost to pollution, erosion and people.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN
class=707332014-14112000></SPAN></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN
class=707332014-14112000>Bear</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><FONT
  size=3>TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes: <BR><BR></FONT><FONT color=#000000
  face=Arial lang=0 size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF"><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"
  TYPE="CITE">Mark Lehner of the Oriental Studies <BR>Institute at the
    University of Chicago who excavated the bakery at Giza.
  <BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR></FONT><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial lang=0 size=3
  FAMILY="SANSSERIF"><BR><BR>Ok. Thanks for the info. Are you aware that he also
  is into (or was into) <BR>Edgar Casey? I would take his work with a grain of
  salt from what I have read <BR>and heard of his work. <BR><BR>Before someone
  is 'offended' by my 'free' speech, I have nothing against <BR>Edgar Casey
  adherents but since Casey's work is not scientifically <BR>verifiable, I would
  question the use of a person who is supporting such a <BR>claim (or did) who
  suddenly becomes an expert as an 'acceptably' legitimate <BR>researcher.
  <BR><BR>I am not questioning your source but would like to be reassured of his
  <BR>complete divorce from the fringe sciences. Thanks in advance for your
  <BR>response. <BR><BR></FONT><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial lang=0 size=2
  FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Ras <BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C04E4C.18260600--