SC - bourreys

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Nov 20 14:22:31 PST 2000

- --part1_97.d5e168e.274afe27_boundary

In a message dated 11/19/00 8:58:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> and the cartilage falls
> off the bone. I think actual cartilage is, to some extent, non-soluble.
>
> Adamantius

Correct. Could it be possible that the ear is NOT cartilaginous but rather
constructed of the protein in the collagen group? Since these proteins are by
nature fibrous and break down into gelatin and other solids with prolonged
cooking, it would explain why my pigs ears turn to gelatin. It does not ,
however, explain  why your  stay crunchy. :-(

Ras

- --part1_97.d5e168e.274afe27_boundary