SC - Deer me

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Nov 20 22:02:10 PST 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Stefan li Rous

> from "Pleyn Delit":
> kidneys:
> > Noumbles
> >
> > Take noumbles of Deer oper or oper beest...
>
> There are various other recipes in this file for cooking various other
> inards. Some are for deer, some for other animals, but many will probably
> work for pieces of deer.

While I don't like it (not a great eater of organ meats) and I have never
done it with venison kidney, I can vouch for the Noumbles recipe - I make it
for my Lady regularly.   I have cooked heart and liver using this recipe -
she declares them all wonderful.  It also freezes well.  I would be happy to
post the recipe, I just don't have the book beside me at the moment.

Gwynydd