SC - Passage East III - Part 1

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Nov 22 18:45:27 PST 2000

Ras,

I'd consider this an Occupational Safety hazard.  I check my kitchens carefully
for:	Electrical Hazards, Gas Hazards, Slippage Areas, etc.  As the Feast
Steward, I have an obligation to do this.  The same as I have an obligation to
stop smoking and the consumption of alcohol in the kitchen.

You usually don't see people smoking in the workplace, you certainly wont find
smokers working in kitchens (at least in OECD countries) of commercial
restraunts.

I have no problems with drinkers and smokers (I am a brewer myself), but they
have no place in the Kitchen...  I would assume ashes would be sterile, but not
very tasty on my cuskynole...

Drake.