SC - Deep-fried Turkey? OOP

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Mon Nov 27 18:34:41 PST 2000

At 10:30 AM 11/27/00 -500, you wrote:
>I was much more interested in trying to grill the bird in halves, which was
>his other demo.  But, this hot oil thing still has me fascinated.  Has
anybody
>tried this?
>
>Thanks!
>Magdalena vander Brugghe

I was gifted with one of these turkey fryers last weekend.  I've already
read the instruction booklet.  Mine is a single propane burner on short
legs.  The turkey pot is tall and thin.  It has a fry basket inside to
lower and raise the turkey.  The instructions were to put the turkey into
the cold pan and pour in enough oil to cover by one or two inches.  Then
remove the turkey and let the oil drain back into the pan.  THEN, heat the
oil to temperature.  It also recommended using a bird weighing 15 pounds or
less.  Folks I've talked to who've eaten the results said it's wonderful.
Leanna