SC - OT paid leave and leave earnings

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Nov 27 18:35:35 PST 2000

IIRC, it depends (at least in part) on the size of the company (smaller
ones are exempt from all kinds of stuff). The company I currently work
for is required, by law, to allow you compassionate leave (death of
close relative), and there's something called the Family Medical Leave,
and some sort of Parental Leave for mothers and fathers to-be.  They
are, however, unpaid.  We get a certain amount of paid vacation time,
but no "sick leave," per se.  If we need to take time off for an
illness, dr. visit, surgery, whatever, they're pretty good about not
making a fuss, but we don't paid for those hours unless we choose to use
up some of our vacation time.
- --maire