SC - Poisonous Tomatoes?

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Nov 27 19:58:02 PST 2000

- --part1_9a.c90fe2f.2754874a_boundary

In a message dated 11/27/00 12:14:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jugglethis at yahoo.com writes:

> ?  If I'm not mistaken, Dr.
> Friedman is looking for physical proof (i.e., written
> documentation) that tomatoes were generally thought to
> be poisonous during the middle ages.

Actually, IIRC, Dr. Friedman is requesting information that shows that
tomatoes were generally viewed as poisonous during the SCA time period.
Specifically the fruits of the tomato plant. The tomato was unknown during
the Middle Ages in Europe. It became known at the end of the Renaissance
and/or early modern period.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_9a.c90fe2f.2754874a_boundary