SC - OT- a quick update

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 28 13:31:53 PST 2000

Greetings cooks!

Just a quick update on how James' dad is doing, which is not great. They
did surgery yesterday, did some poking around and biopsy stuff, and put
in an arterial catheter. He's still the color of curry sauce- it seems
that his liver is affected, and it appears that his kidneys are crying
uncle also. They're starting him on chemo today, and the first run will
go until Saturday. he probably won't be ready to leave the hospital
until early next week. By then we should know more of where to go from
here. In the meantime, James is in Ashland, so I'm spending as much time
at the hospital as I can without tiring Dad out, and since he's tied
down and can't run away, I'm getting as much in stories and such from
him as I can. And boy, can he tell stories on James! :-D

Gotta get a shower and some laundry done so I can head back up the hill,

'Lainie