SC - Chocolate spoon query (very OOP)

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 00:36:57 PST 2000

In a message dated 11/29/00 2:39:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

<< But what are you supposed to *do* with them??? ..... Use it to stir your
hot chocolate or coffee, so the chocolate melts off in the drink? ..... it
looks like some of the plastic is still bare at the end of the handle>>

Bingo!  You use them to stir your coffee (and if you are in the habit of
making up instant cocoa mix with coffee like I am....this is similar).  You
only dip the spoon in to cover the bowl...not the handle. I think the "half
dip" is just for decoration.  You could also press a pre-made royal icing
flower into the still soft chocolate in the bowl of the spoon before it
hardens for a more "decorative" effect.  The cellophane "lollypop" wrappers
that Wilton sells work very well as covers...tie a nice ribbon around the
handle to close it...and voila!  A lovely gift for the chocoholic, and very
easy to make! If you wish to be really expansive...fit as many as you can
(handle side down) in a mug as the gift.  The spoons will look like a bouquet
(of sorts)

Etain