SC - 11 herbs and spices

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Nov 29 15:15:56 PST 2000

Chris Stanifer wrote:

> --- Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > hey Bonne, have you ever rolled your floured chicken
> > pieces in shredded
> > coconut before frying?   YEAH...coconut chicken...
>
> Have you ever tried putting copious amounts of
> "Poultry Seasoning", "Seasoning Salt" and Black Pepper
> into the flour before deep frying your chicken?  Once
> you get the proportion right, it tastes like the
> Colonel's dead-bang.  Of course, it won't be perfect
> unless you have a pressure fryer...

That's basically how I do my fried chicken- with lots of seasoning salt,
paprika, and a little bit of sage in the flour- put it in a ziploc and
shake. Yum!

> Balthazar of Blackmoor
> (whyo despises the use of seasoning salt in every case
> except this one...)

But it's sooo good on buttered popcorn! Or unbuttered popcorn, for that
matter.

'Lainie
who has been known to spray butter-flavored cooking spray lightly on
popcorn, and then shaking seasoning salt on it. Plenty of flavor, fewer
calories...