SC - Boiled peanuts, was, food bashing

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 2 16:51:46 PDT 2000

When I was a baby, we lived in france for a short
time. I remember my
mom telling me that mothers there would give their
children stale crusts
from french bread to teeth on.
Hi,
we used sliced up pieces of bagels with our
son,(sometimes we froze them), also we rubbed clove
oil on his gums ( i have used clove oil or chewed on
cloves for minor mouth pain for years) I'm not sure if
either of these are period, but bagels have been
around a long time.
 A friend of mine used to make teething bisquits out
of regular bread dough and bake them in a really low
oven until they were rock hard. They sure weren't
something I'd want to eat, but her baby loved em.
Nisha