SC - 2 questions

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Mon Oct 2 22:07:12 PDT 2000

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>
> > (Did I do anything
> > embarrasing the last time? Anything my lady wife shouldn't find out
> > about? Was I sober? It had nothing to do with a hobby horse and a bottle
> > of olive oil, did it??? )
>
> Not one of _my_ horses, I hope!

Well, since I'm trying to account for a time period I don't seem to
remember (not a comment on Hypatia/Margali, epitome of all that is best
in a Roman lady, but rather on my tendency to worry about bags of onions
when working in a kitchen, more than about attaching names to faces), I
can't rightly say.

I suppose it _might_ have been one of your horses. I also couldn't say,
since I don't actually recall this alleged incident too well (or at all,
actually) if I actually ought to be embarrassed.

Margali, did I do anything embarrassing with 'Lainie's hobby horse, a
bottle of olive oil _and_ a 10-lb bag of onions? With homage to Slim
Pickens in "Dr. Strangelove", a fella could have a pretty good weekend
in Kansas City with this stuff...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy