SC - niccolo's Food Show (warning - long) - Bounced, header too long

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Oct 3 13:54:40 PDT 2000

I am indexing my cookbooks by main ingredient.  Currently, I'm indexing for
potato main dishes (as my grocery had them on sale and I have 15 lbs to use
up and our usual repetoire of potato as main dishes is slim to boring).  In
'The Vegetarian Epicure' by Anna Thomas, in Ragout of Potatoes on pg 147,
she lists

Bakon yeast    <----- What is it?

Since it is capitalized, I guess it is a trademarked product. She was
writing in the UCLA area in the early 70's, is anyone else on here familiar
with the name? It's added like a spice and simmered with the other
ingredients. Definately not used as leavening. Maybe just Brewer's yeast?

Bonne