SC - Garlic

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Tue Oct 3 19:04:41 PDT 2000

Are those things you can have, or things you can't?
A couple of ideas:
A meatless greek stew, made with carrots, tomatoes, onion, cauliflower,
kidney beans, and a few other things (I have the recipe in one of my
vegetarian cookbooks if you're interested).  It could sit in the
crockpot all day on low.  Serve with a salad and some gluten-free bread
from your local healthfood store.
Another idea: gluten-free pasta (I've seen it....), with a fresh veggie
sauce (chunks of tomatoes, squash, peppers, etc).  Or with pesto. or
with clams and white wine if the tomato's an issue....
One of the gluten-free grains (rice, fershur), done as a saute-oh,
what's the word--uhm, shoot.  can't think of it, but the rice is partly
sauteed in olive oil or some such, with a bit of fresh pepper and salt,
and maybe some onion, and then finished by simmering in a broth until
tender.  Or you could do something with polenta (corn doesn't have
gluten, does it?), Or do a rissotto with some rice and veggies and
shellfish.
Or a stir-fry, using some kind of seafood and fresh veggies, with rice
on the side.
- --Hope this helps.  Maire