SC - questions aboutHOT LENTIL SALAD WITH SUMAK & the recipe & quest. about peas

Wed Oct 4 06:08:12 PDT 2000

Didn't we discuss that moretarium was a general class of mushy foods made in a
mortar which ca include moretum, pesto and some of the other 'sauces' in the
cookbook attributed to apicius? I just romped through relly quickly and noticed
a lot of sauces that are pounded in a mortar. Many of these are complex
combinations of herbs and spices with a liquid..
margali
also on the apicius list