SC - milk for fighters?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Oct 4 07:32:42 PDT 2000

Brodo of Chickpeas is cheap, filling, and vegetarian friendly.  The recipe
is in the Florilegium.

Wheat frumenty tends to be slightly sour and not particularly appealing
unless properly spiced.  There is a late period recipe which cooks whole
grains of wheat in cream and sugar which is tasty.

I might suggest making polenta of wheat flour, then cutting it, frying it
and serving it with honey ala Apicius.

Bear