SC - dayboard (Ruzzige cake; Buch von guter Speise #52)

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Thu Oct 5 19:58:17 PDT 2000

Marion MacGregor wrote:

> > Greetings are sent to the list,
> > I was hoping for a few ideas about something I could make
> > for an upcoming demo we have here in Bridge.  It is being
> > held at a Boyscout camp and I am sure mostly will be
> > attended by them with their parents. something on the
> > "not
> > so difficult side" that can withstand being out all day,
> > period, served in small portions, and "mundane friendly"
> > Any suggestions?
> > In Service,
> > Lady Marion MacGregor

Gyngebrede in little balls works very well at demos, and is easy to
make. Ditto marzipan (I'm a sucker for the little fruit-shaped marzipan,
and they were probably pretty widespread in mid-to-late-period, there
being examples in 16th-century German and early-17th-century English
sources, IIRC.

Oh, how about wafers?

Adamantius
- --