SC - Gemstones

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 6 13:16:06 PDT 2000

Those gems might be nice on a dress, but they are useless for
medicinal purposes. They didn't exist in period, so we don't know
what their virtues are, so we have no idea which ones would cure and
which ones would make the patient worse.

Note that the original recipe gave a list of candidate gems. You are
supposed to select from that list that ones that are good for what
ails you, according to the advice of your physician.

Anyway, if you need gems, I have lots of rough.