SC - Hello!

Lyra Kalar rhialt00 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 8 17:46:27 PDT 2000

Elaine wrote:
<< My goodness, Thomas ... you don't know what bliny (blini, blintz)
are?  They are wonderful crepe-type delights ... >>

No, I did not know before. Though I often respond to questions even if I
know nothing (re: "knowledgeable"), usually I ask questions if I do not
already know the answer  ;-)  Thank you for the explanation!

Of course, I have another question now: are there old sources that
mention the dish? As far as I remember, old Russian culinary sources are
very rare. But how about the dictionaries? The chronicles? The diaries?

Thomas