SC - Re: Ruzzige cake

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Oct 9 22:33:49 PDT 2000

Lady Katherine asked:
> I'm looking for gems use in an embroidered "presence"  banner for a
> coronation feast. The Documentation for gems used in this fashion in a
> "tumbled chips semi-precious" form, would be most helpful.

I'm not sure how much I have that is applicable to your specific application,
but here are the files in the Florilegium that I think might be useful:
In the ACCESSORIES section:
gem-sources-msg   (19K)  5/19/99    Sources for real and artifical
gemstones.

In the CRAFTS section:
lapidary-msg      (21K)  9/17/99    Period and SCA gemstone cutting.
A-Lapidary-art    (32K)  3/31/99    Period descriptions and virtues of
gemstones
                                       by Agnes deLanvallei.

In the TEXTILE ARTS section:
beadwork-msg      (40K)  7/13/98    Beadwork on clothing. Bead types, sources.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net