cook's cote (was Re: SC - test- don't read)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Oct 10 16:02:35 PDT 2000

I have recently webbed the current (ninth) edition of the
_Miscellany_ as a collection of pdf files. It's at:

www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Miscellany.htm

They can be read in two ways:

1. If you have the pdfViewer plug-in for your web browser, you are
supposed to be able to click on the link and read the file. I say
"supposed to" because this seems to work sometimes for some people
and not work sometimes for some people. It works for me for only the
two shortest of the pdf files, and only sometimes for them, for some
reason I have not yet determined.

2. You can download the file and read it with Acrobat Reader. You may
have to set the preferences of your browser to tell it to download
instead of trying to read in the browser. For Explorer 5 Macintosh
version, you do that by going to File Helpers (under "Receiving
Files"), scroll to "Portable Document Format," double click on it,
and set it to download.

Both pdfViewer and Acrobat Reader are free from Adobe's web page. If
by any chance you figure out why the plug-in isn't working for me
(and for some other users), please let me know.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/