SC - Protectorate Feast 5 (no recipes)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 10 22:05:24 PDT 2000

Adamantius wrote:
>On occasion my Dad would be called upon to work his dubious kitchen
>miracles, and a common element in these acts of faith was meatloaf with
>Stuff in it... he always managed to include something that seemed to
>look up at you from the plate, generally either hard-boiled eggs or
>little onions.

Ah, yes, the old hard-cooked eggs in the meat loaf routine. My
Grandmother's Swedish cook used to make this, although she cooked it
to death and the meat loaf was as dry as laundry fluff.

I rather liked it staring at me. But i've always enjoyed playing with my food.

Anahita al-shazhiyya
known to sculpt the ziggurats of Mesopotamia in mashed potatoes, more
than 15 years before "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" came out.