SC - Unsubbing

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Wed Oct 11 07:56:23 PDT 2000

> > Jumbals

<recipe clipped>

> > 1 cup sugar
> > 1 1/2 cups flour
>
> Why did you arrive at 1 cup sugar and 1 1/2 cups of flour? When the
> original recipe seems to call for the same amount of flour as sugar?
> Or am I getting tripped up by the volume measure vs. the
> wieght measure?

The measurement is by weight.  A cup of sugar weighs roughly 8 oz.  A cup of
unsifted flour weighs roughly 5 oz.  So in rough measure it is 1 cup of
sugar to 1 1/2 cups flour.  I used cup measure rather than weight because
most cooks in the US are set up to handle volume.

While there was a scale on site, it was not very accurate, so the cup
measure was probably the best way to go.

The difference in taste was the difference between the ground aniseseed and
the ground coriander.

Bear