SC - Re: cook's cote

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Oct 12 10:00:21 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/12/00 2:36:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, >  Cairistiona
writes:
>  Subject: SC - non-homogenised milk
>
>  Hello the List!
>
>  I'm a long way behind at present, but notice that some people have been
>  asking about non-homogenised milk for cheese-making.  Depending on the
>  quantities you are playing with, you may wish to freeze ordinary milk - I
>  find that dehomogenises just about any milk - or indeed cream for that
>  matter.

Can you explain to me how this works? Enquiring minds.......
Actually, I am still working on the Cheese-Thing. That's what I've come to
call it anyway. Using the Slip coate recipe from period and some modern ones
for Neufchatel cheeses I have pretty much nailed it down, but I am still
trying to get non homo milk.

Hauviette